Subject: Re: [boost] [locale] Formal review of Boost.Locale library -- final days
From: Henrik Sundberg (storangen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-22 04:07:09

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Gordon Woodhull <gordon_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2011, at 2:00 AM, Vicente BOTET <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> I don't like the OO design. I think that a more generic approach could be applied to this domain, and add a dynamic approach in top of the static one.
>> The library should be redesigned with a generic approach and the interfaces be more user friendly and safe. I know the author is against the generic approach so I don't expect he will change later on if the library is accepted.
>
> +1
>
> Sorry, no review this time, just an opinion from following discussion and reading the rationale.
>
> Looks like a useful library but I think it could take another revision. Again, apologies for no real review.  & thanks to Artyom and Chad.

Does this mean that you prefer to have no locale library instead of
this one in Boost?
Artyom likes his design better (as I understand it). He's probably not
the one to write the library you want.
Boost accepts different libraries solving the same problem. Isn't this
library good enough to be such alternative? Especially since there is
no other alternative at all for the moment (or in the foreseeable
future).

It's not that the library is a sloppy work, as I see it. You just have
different expectations.

/$