Subject: [boost] Arguing about names in Boost libraries
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-25 09:21:48

What is wrong with the people commenting on libraries for Boost who are
so concerned about the names being used ? We are talking only about C++
identifiers and yet there are now endless discussions where people
disagree on names or argue that some name is not what they want or that
they like some other name, with a list of names that they find adequate.

This is irrelevant. There is something mentally wrong about all those
peoples spending endless amounts of time around this issue. I notice
this does not happen nowadays for just one library but for ever single
library, or proposed library, which is mentioned on this mailing list.

Is this the way all of you people actually work in your daily jobs, or
on your own projects, spending hours and days arguing with others about
C++ identifiers for every little thing ? Are you not aware of the
absurdity of your endless remarks ?

Grow up ! Surely there are better things to do than carry on endlessly
about some name, that is should be x or y or z or some other inane
preferable list.

It's time for somebody to say this, so I will do it. A C++ identifier
name, as long as it is vaguely about what the functionality entails, is
perfectly adequate. It does not have to satisfy everyone in the
universe. Period !