Subject: [boost] [asio] [date_time] boost::asio::deadline_timer performance
From: Isidor Zeuner (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-25 13:09:49

Hi all,

while profiling a boost::asio-based application with heavy use of
timers, I noticed many CPU cycles being burnt inside a
gregorian::date::date constructor, which I traced down as being called
from asio::deadline_timer::expires_from_now. As asio::deadline_timer
just specializes asio::basic_deadline_timer using posix_time::ptime, I
assume this can be tuned by using another time implementation. Is
there a particular implementation targeted at low overhead, ideally
with high accuracy? Are there other ways of tuning timer performance?

Best regards,

Isidor

--
Isidor Zeuner