Subject: [boost] Porting boost::lexical_cast tests to boost::convert
From: Jeroen Habraken (vexocide_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-03 10:13:48

Hi,

Since boost::convert is promoting itself as an alternative to
boost::lexical_cast I decided to port the boost::lexical_cast test
suite (which can be found in
BOOST_ROOT/libs/conversion/lexical_cast_test.cpp) to boost::convert.
I've simply replaced lexical_cast<T>(U) with convert<T>::from(U) and
bad_lexical_cast with std::invalid_argument, whether this is a valid
approach I'm not sure. To actually get the test suite to compile for
boost::convert I had to comment out a lot of them and even then there
are quite a few failures. This needs to be looked at (I've attached
the code), what are actual boost::convert failures (both at compile-
and runtime) and what is caused by my porting?

Regards,
Jeroen