Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Formal Review Result
From: Gordon Woodhull (gordon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-03 17:39:15

On May 3, 2011, at 12:12 PM, Matthew Chambers wrote:
> This where mailing lists fall to pieces. With proper forum software, moderators could easily organize threads and change subject lines so that it would be trivial to separate actual reviews from discussion. And in fact, users would quickly adjust their behavior to fit the paradigm. Instead, we have hundreds of messages with "review" in the subject and only some of them are actual reviews, most being discussion (like this one!). :(

Interesting idea. Would require some very hard-working moderators, though... and wouldn't it be confusing as a participant to have your subject line changed after you'd written a message?

Do you have examples of open-source projects that organize things this way?

Thanks,
Gordon

Personally, I think that what's lacking is tools to "rethread" and organize mail messages after the fact. Or at least I don't know of it.