Subject: Re: [boost] [container_bptree] first version of submitted library
From: Markus Pointner (markus.pointner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-09 14:15:14

On 2011-05-07 16:15, Vadim Stadnik wrote:
> Please read the documentation and try the included test code. The current
> implementation has been developed for Visual Studio compilers (2008 and
> 2010). Portability of this library has not yet been tested. I would really
> appreciate if someone could compile and run the test code using other
> compilers and let me know if there are any technical issues.

I tried to compile your tests on Ubuntu 11.04 amd64 with gcc 4.5.2 and
encountered the following issues:

- test.cpp: The include file stdafx.h doesn't exist. I think this is usually
generated by Visual Studio and I'd guess that you don't need it.
- test_containers.hpp: Your includes contain backslashes, and apparently gcc
doesn't like them. AFAIK Visual C++ can handle forward slashes in #include, so
you should just replace them.

And then a huge list of errors, which I've put in a gist
(https://gist.github.com/962997). I think the first error is because you used
">>" instead of "> >" in a nested template (e.g.
"std::vector<std::vector<int>>") which the compiler misunderstands as a
right-shift operator.

I didn't try further because of the overwhelming list of errors.

regards
Markus Pointner