Subject: Re: [boost] [review][autoindex] AutoIndex review extended
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-13 18:17:10

Hi John,

> I'm also interested in hearing from people who won't be using the tool
> directly, but might be using the indexes it generates. Or perhaps
> already are, since it's already been used for Boost.Spirit, Boost.Type
> Traits and Boost.Math:
>
> http://www.boost.org/libs/spirit/
> http://www.boost.org/libs/type_traits/
> http://www.boost.org/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/
>
> It doesn't need to be a long or in depth review to be useful.

It is working well and generates an impressive index.

But... it is actually working a little too good. This temporary site

<http://www.xs4all.nl/~barend/boost.geometry/qbk/libs/geometry/doc/html_ai/index.html
<http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Ebarend/boost.geometry/qbk/libs/geometry/doc/html_ai/index.html>>

contains the updated Boost.Geometry doc including the "index" entry.
This is the rough form, I didn't finetune the index yet.

I've noticed in the docs how to exclude a term from a section, or limit
it to a section. But in my case I probably have to exclude each term
from a section, and more...

1) I want to exclude a whole section (the reference matrix, for obvious
reasons). Can that be done?

2) I also want to exclude all examples (nearly every page in
Boost.Geometry will have one; these examples of course also include
other "terms"; which should not be indexed on that page). Is there a way
to mark a qbk-block to be excluded from being indexed?

Thanks, Barend