Subject: [boost] Towards a plan to reduce active tickets
From: Vicente BOTET (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-15 06:17:46

Hi,

I've inspected the number of tickets since the las Bug Sprint and we ca see that we are having a mean of 18 additional active tickets each month.

month created closed diff
01/05/10 99 107 8
01/06/10 122 316 194 // Bug Sprint
01/07/10 103 56 -47
01/08/10 115 120 5
01/09/10 85 34 -51
01/10/10 105 91 -14
01/11/10 109 80 -29
01/12/10 83 92 9
01/01/11 98 79 -19
01/02/11 98 71 -27
01/03/11 161 107 -54
01/04/11 105 145 40
MEAN 106,2 87,5 -18,7

* MEAN is calculated since the last Bug Sprint, that is for the last 10 months.

I don't know what could be done to instead of having more active tickets each month having less. While the Bug Sprints are useful I think that we need to have a plan to reduce them is a regular way.

I know that a lot of people would be at BoostCon. It would be great if this subject could be discussed in one of the general sessions.

if you have any suggestion, please replay to this post and share your view with the Boost community.

Best,
Vicente