Subject: Re: [boost] [introductions]
From: Gregory Crosswhite (gcross_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-17 16:59:40

On 5/17/11 1:34 PM, Vicente Botet wrote:
> Gregory Crosswhite wrote:
>> Hey everyone!
>>
>> I don't know what the protocol is for this, but since I have been
>> posting occasionally for a while and have offered to be a Review Manager
>> but am relatively unknown to the community (which, again, means that I
>> will completely understand and won't be offended in the slightest if you
>> politely decline my offer to be a Review Manager :-) ) and have never
>> introduced myself I figured that now might be as good a time as any:
>>

> Hi Gregory,
>
> I appreciate a lot the comments you have been done lastly. I'm sure you will
> play more than correctly the Review Manager role.
>
> If you want to manage a review I suggest you to first choose one library you
> think has the Boost quality and you are comfortable with the domain. Then
> contact the author and propose you as review manager.
>
> If you want to help the Boost community you can also write some reviews.

Thank you for the support, Vicente! :-) In fact, on this list I have
specifically offered in the past to be a Review Manager for the
Boost::Local library, and now that it has made it into the queue Lorenzo
has accepted my offer.

One caveat I should mention in the interest of full disclosure is that I
am also a user of Boost::Local and have been an advocate of getting this
library included in Boost in the past so my personal feelings on the
matter are not neutral, but as a Review Manager I would of course put
these feelings aside to analyze and summarize the consensus opinion
dispassionately, even it turned out to be against accepting Boost::Local.

Cheers,
Greg