Subject: Re: [boost] Bug #3831
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-18 19:02:46

On May 18, 2011, at 3:11 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:

> I'm attempting to use the JSON parser to read in a JSON file, but I am
> running up against the problem described in bug
> #3831<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3831>,
> even though this bug has been marked as fixed. The milestone on the ticket
> is marked as 'Boost 1.42.0', but is has a score through it and I'm not sure
> if that means it's been fixed in that milestone or if it's
> been retargeted at a different milestone. I am using version 1.42.0-4ubuntu2
> of the libraries so I am wondering if I have an outdated installation, or if
> there's another reason why I don't have the patched version. Can anyone shed
> some light this please?

Looking in svn, it looks like this was fixed in the trunk in revision 59740 (Feb 2010), but not moved
to the release branch until revision 65975 on 2010-10-15.

That means the fix was probably shipped as part of boost 1.45.0, rather than 1.42.0.
[ Checking the tarballs... ]
The fix was not part of 1.44, but _was_ in 1.45.

Sorry for the confusion.
I have updated the ticket with this information.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki