Subject: Re: [boost] [pre-review] Pimpl submission in the review queue
From: Mostafa (mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-24 13:59:06

On Tue, 24 May 2011 04:16:00 -0700, Stewart, Robert
<Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Mostafa wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 May 2011 14:42:06 -0700, Vladimir Batov
>> <vb.mail.247_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I have a Pimpl generalization submission getting close to the
>> > top in the review queue. Rob Stewart suggested I'd post it to
>> > the new Boost Code Collaborator site for a pre-review. That's
>> > what I did with the following link to the pre-review
>> > (Review #5):
>> >
>> > <http://demo.smartbear.com/boost/go?page=ReviewDisplay&reviewid=5>
>> >
>> > Your participation in that pre-review is most welcome.
>>
>> Is it possible to have anonymous read-only access to it?
>
> If you want to use the Code Collaborator site to examine the library,
> you must create an account. The good news is that there are other
> libraries there that you can review, too. If you wish to avoid creating
> an account, then you can follow the link on the review schedule to the
> code in the sandbox.

Some may just want to follow a review without necessary participating in
one. Requiring a user account discourages such activity, and in my
opinion, creates an artificial barrier to further engagement between
newcomers, or even existing Boost watchers, and Boost, even if it is a
one-sided engagement.

My thoughts,

Mostafa