Subject: Re: [boost] [pre-review] Pimpl submission in the review queue
From: Stewart, Robert (Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-25 07:21:26

Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:

> I have a question concerning the review tool : is there a
> place where to write classic reviews (with general feedback
> about the library)? It seems that it's mainly oriented to code
> review, not really general library review.

The tool is definitely geared toward code review. Note, however, that "code" does include documentation sources, so it's a good place to provide documentation comments, too.

If you wish to provide higher level comments, you can do that in the General Chat area or here on the list. If you wish to provide a normal review, then the list remains the place to do that.

There may yet be a tool out there that can do both effectively, and we haven't decided to adopt Code Collaborator. Others have begun looking at Crucible, but we need to set up real libraries in Crucible to get similarly good experience with it. Please suggest other tools that are free (or inexpensive) for open source projects.

_____
Rob Stewart robert.stewart_at_[hidden]
Software Engineer using std::disclaimer;
Dev Tools & Components