Subject: Re: [boost] [pre-review] Pimpl submission in the review queue
From: Artyom Beilis (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-26 04:34:07

Few points on the tool:

1. The interface is unfriendly, it is not clear how to write review.

2. There is no place for general feedback, tickets are not good model.

3. There is no separation into general categories according to the way
   the review generally handled: Design, Implementation, Documentation etc.

   Especially notes on design are missing.

4. There is no way to do a discussion on specific topics.

5. There is no place (at least I hadn't found one) to put a vote.

This tool would discourage reviewers and make writing reviews much harder.

Review is a document that describes the review author's opinion
on the library that includes a list of issues, it is not a list
of issues only.

Bug-tracking-like system is not suitable for writing reviews.

Best,

 Artyom Beilis
CppCMS - C++ Web Framework: http://cppcms.sf.net/
CppDB - C++ SQL Connectivity: http://cppcms.sf.net/sql/cppdb/