Subject: Re: [boost] [pre-review] Pimpl submission in the review queue
From: Artyom Beilis (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-26 04:34:07
> From: Vladimir Batov <vb.mail.247_at_[hidden]>
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Sent: Tue, May 24, 2011 12:42:06 AM
> Subject: [boost] [pre-review] Pimpl submission in the review queue
> I have a Pimpl generalization submission getting close to the top in the
> queue. Rob Stewart suggested I'd post it to the new Boost Code Collaborator
> for a pre-review. That's what I did with the following link to the pre-review
> (Review #5):
> Your participation in that pre-review is most welcome.
> Best regards,
Few points on the tool:
1. The interface is unfriendly, it is not clear how to write review.
2. There is no place for general feedback, tickets are not good model.
3. There is no separation into general categories according to the way
the review generally handled: Design, Implementation, Documentation etc.
Especially notes on design are missing.
4. There is no way to do a discussion on specific topics.
5. There is no place (at least I hadn't found one) to put a vote.
This tool would discourage reviewers and make writing reviews much harder.
Review is a document that describes the review author's opinion
on the library that includes a list of issues, it is not a list
of issues only.
Bug-tracking-like system is not suitable for writing reviews.
CppCMS - C++ Web Framework: http://cppcms.sf.net/
CppDB - C++ SQL Connectivity: http://cppcms.sf.net/sql/cppdb/
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk