Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Heaps
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-02 04:17:09

> >> Passing an allocator is not near as powerful a feature as passing the
> >> container.
> >
> > nope ... but i would like to ensure the API consistency between
> > node-based heaps and container-adaptors
>
> Why? This is not exactly the same as defining a generic algorithm
> in terms of iterators. Lots of containers have different number of
> template arguments. I fail to see what benefits this "consistency"
> gives us.

a user who wants to find the best implementation for a specific application can
simply replace the name ... my proposal above would imply that either a
container or an allocator can be specified: give an allocator if you just want
to use a custom allocator (consistent among all heaps) or give a container if
you want to specify a custom container (consistent among container adaptors).

whats wrong with this approach?

tim