Subject: Re: [boost] [1.47.0] Release branch now closed
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-15 05:43:59
El 15/06/2011 10:29, Hartmut Kaiser escribió:
> Release managers: Please allow merging it even if the branch is frozen.
> Adding this library will not break anything else. The merge seems to be low
> risk, even more as it's sitting in trunk for quite some time now.
The issue is that merging Move would require also updating
Intrusive/Interprocess to the official move library. I think we can
ambiguity issues between code using the old Interprocess/Intrusive and
Move. Changes in Interprocess/Intrusive libraries, are mainly
find-replace changes in namespaces (previously was in
::boost::interprocess::detail) and macros.
I don't think waiting for boost 1.48 is a big problem if it's version is
scheduled soon. No 1.47 library depends on Move. I think it's important
to maintain merging rules against late mergers ;-)
If 1.48 is going to take a long time and users badly need the library I
would propose a merge, wait a couple of cycles (tests seem fine in
trunk), and then decide.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk