Subject: Re: [boost] [1.47.0] Release branch now closed
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-15 06:16:58
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 11:43:59AM +0200, Ion GaztaÃ±aga wrote:
> El 15/06/2011 10:29, Hartmut Kaiser escribiÃ³:
>> Release managers: Please allow merging it even if the branch is frozen.
>> Adding this library will not break anything else. The merge seems to be low
>> risk, even more as it's sitting in trunk for quite some time now.
> The issue is that merging Move would require also updating
> Intrusive/Interprocess to the official move library. I think we can
> ambiguity issues between code using the old Interprocess/Intrusive and
> Move. Changes in Interprocess/Intrusive libraries, are mainly
> find-replace changes in namespaces (previously was in
> ::boost::interprocess::detail) and macros.
> I don't think waiting for boost 1.48 is a big problem if it's version is
> scheduled soon. No 1.47 library depends on Move. I think it's important
> to maintain merging rules against late mergers ;-)
> If 1.48 is going to take a long time and users badly need the library I
> would propose a merge, wait a couple of cycles (tests seem fine in
> trunk), and then decide.
What is the policy on when and how to release point releases (1.47.1?).
Are they just for bugfixes or can you slip in new libraries as well in
-- Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]