Subject: Re: [boost] [1.47.0] Release branch now closed
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-17 11:47:45

On 6/14/2011 4:24 PM, Emil Dotchevski wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Rene Rivera<grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 6/14/2011 1:41 PM, Emil Dotchevski wrote:
>>>
>>> Rene, there is a small change in boost/exception/exception.hpp that
>>> has been sitting in Trunk for weeks now, I'd like to merge it to
>>> release. It just adds GCC visibility to the boost::exception type, and
>>> this is the patch:
>>>
>>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/attachment/ticket/4594/exception.patch
>>>
>>> I'm ready to commit it if the release team allows it.
>>
>> Where's the trac link to the change set? Is there a test for this? Is the
>> test in the release branch also? What platforms does this impact? What other
>> libraries does this impact? Are other libraries failing because of not
>> having this change?
>>
>> Sorry for all the questions, but we need to asses the risk.
>
> No, I hear you, this might be considered too risky at this point.

 From reading the original ticket for this
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4594>.. It doesn't sound like
the issue is fully resolved. Also looking at the current state, and
logs, of boost/exception/* it looks like there's a considerable number
of other changes after the above. Which doesn't lead me to believe this
is actually tested enough in isolation to just merge, instead of merging
the whole of the exception changes.

So, sorry, no. It would be better/safer to wait for early in the next
release cycle and merge all the exception library changes to release.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything