Subject: Re: [boost] [1.47.0] Release branch now closed
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-17 12:36:11

On 6/17/2011 11:24 AM, Anthony Williams wrote:
> Rene Rivera<grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>> The only change NOT already merged is the change to
>>> boost/detail/interlocked.hpp. I overlooked this when I merged the thread
>>> changes from trunk to release a couple of weeks ago, and I wouldn't have
>>> remembered if Jim hadn't raised the issue, since this is not one of the
>>> main thread headers.
>>>
>>> However, this is a relatively small change (some functions are no longer
>>> marked dllimport), and it only affects this one compiler, since the code
>>> expands to the same as before on other compilers.
>>
>> Could you address my other concerns I posted about?
>
> I presume you mean:
>
>> Actually, I looked at the changeset.. And I don't see how that change
>> is safe. I can see one immediate compile error/problem, 7 likely other
>> compile problems, and the high-risk of changing a header in a way that
>> impacts 3 platforms (and their related numerous compilers).
>
> I don't see the "immediate compile error/problem" or "7 likely other
> compile problems" that you see. As Jim points out, this has been on
> trunk for 3 months, without any apparent problems. If I'd remembered, I
> would have merged it when I merged the other thread changes.

I mean this compile problem:

tss_pte.cpp#14
        #if #if (defined(__MINGW32__) && !defined(_WIN64)) || defined(__MINGW64__)

I.e. the double #if.

And, at least a potential for problems depending on which CPP hits this:

extern "C"BOOST_INTERLOCKED_IMPORT long __stdcall InterlockedIncrement(
long volatile * );

That is, the lack of space between "C" and BOOST_INTERLOCKED_IMPORT.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything