Subject: Re: [boost] [gui] Help with a little experiment.
From: Joel falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-18 10:40:08

> Can I make something like End(VBox) work with boost.proto? I mean if it's
> possible to close the expression for a VBox with end and insert the next widget
> to the same level that the HBox.

Should be. Now, here is a small PoC of DSEL for GUI I had in mind for
quite a while. Everythign in there is proto-ifable.

windows<dialog, some_tag_for_selecting_gui_backend> w;

w = frame("Choose a File to Open")
     [
       listbox<columns,no_icons>(pos_x,pos_y)
       [
         on_select = ...
       , on_move = ...
       ]
       ,
       button("&OK", on_click =&do_ok)
     | button("&Cancel", on_click =&do_cancel)
     ];

where the on_xxx are terminal where = awaits for any callable object.

Using [ ] to construct nesting is easier than << I think.