Subject: Re: [boost] [gui] Help with a little experiment.
From: Germán Diago (germandiago_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-20 16:20:46

2011/6/20 Gwenio <urulokiurae_at_[hidden]>:
> On 6/20/2011 11:25 AM, pavel wrote:
>>
>> perhaps my opinion is biased by qt framework influence but it's a
>> very mature product with 15 years of development history so i think
>> they know what they are doing
>>
>> i think it's a mistake to try to do everything at compile time
>>
>> let's say half of the time the gui elements are dynamic in runtime
>> sense
>>
>> so the compile-time-magic code would be used only roughly in 50% of
>> cases while the runtime api should be there anyway
>
> On the other hand, if the compile time bindings are well done then it should
> be possible to tie them to facilities capable of changing dynamically at
> runtime allowing the library to provide the best of both.

And that's what I think. I want to make possible to override
compile-time behaviour,
but let's start with simple things first.
And I also thought of mapping the compile time to a spirit language,
but that's very
far from what I'm thinking now because first I want to see how it
behaves an embedded
language in C++.