Subject: Re: [boost] [gui] Help with a little experiment.
From: Sylvain Bougerel (sylvain.bougerel.devel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-20 22:55:05

On Jun 21, 2011 12:26 AM, "pavel" <paul.cpprules_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> German wrote on Sunday, June 19, 2011 at 21:31:01:
> >> - A library for designing dialogs and forms
> >> - A library for specifying bindings between the interface and the
> >> application's data (or creating a view of it).

I would also rank highly a library that has good internationalization
support.

> > I think I will start by these two fundamental libraries on top of gtk.

Seems like a move in the right direction, but managing dependencies for
different platform is going to be complicated, no?

Sylvain

> > I want that the specification of the gui can directly be embedded in C++
> > at compile time

I'm not sure why you want that so much. I like the possibility of having GUI
specification in a separate file in order to adapt my application's look to
the need of the customer (optimize it for a particular screen size or use a
particular type of font, etc) without the need to recompile it.

I would not use something that set the GUI layout in stone once it has been
compiled.

My 2cents,
Sylvain