Subject: Re: [boost] [gui] Help with a little experiment.
From: Germán Diago (germandiago_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-21 03:13:46

El 21/06/11 04:55, Sylvain Bougerel escribió:
> I would also rank highly a library that has good internationalization
> support.
     I don't have enough expertise to try that, sorry. It's better to
get focused on what I
  think I could be able to achieve, which is a proof of concept on how
it feels a library like
this with minimal features for now.
>>> I think I will start by these two fundamental libraries on top of gtk.
> Seems like a move in the right direction, but managing dependencies for
> different platform is going to be complicated, no?
     Yes, but for now I'm focusing just in a proof of concept that works.
>>> I want that the specification of the gui can directly be embedded in C++
>>> at compile time
> I'm not sure why you want that so much. I like the possibility of having GUI
> specification in a separate file in order to adapt my application's look to
> the need of the customer (optimize it for a particular screen size or use a
> particular type of font, etc) without the need to recompile it.
>
> I would not use something that set the GUI layout in stone once it has been
> compiled.
> My 2cents,
> Sylvain
I think it should be possible to serialize that UI. Anyway, it's just a
starting point. My view is
that this must be overridable. By overridable I mean that once you have
this, you will be
able to make it as polymorphic as you want. I haven't thought how I will
do it yet, but
that's a thing to think about after my first steps.