Subject: Re: [boost] [1.47.0] Permission to merge filesystem HP-UX issue fix?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-27 10:20:30

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:34 AM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 6/27/2011 4:51 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>> OK to merge:
>>
>>    https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/72521
>
> Has this been tested on an HP-UX system?

Yes. The submitter was kind enough to do some testing. Also, I was
able to find some docs on the HP web site to verify.

> If the change is HP-UX
> specific, why isn't it wrapped in an appropriate BOOST_WORKAROUND?

It isn't at all clear to me exactly what HP environments this applies
to, and I've had problems in the past identifying when an HP fix
should be applied. The fix seem harmless in other environments,
particularly since it is in a source file rather than a header.

--Beman