Subject: Re: [boost] [preprocessor] pp-strings
From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-28 11:54:42

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 06:18:46 -0700, lcaminiti wrote:

> Paul Mensonides wrote:

> What will it take to port the (splendid) Chaos library into Boost?
> "Just" fixing VC++ pp or more?

That probably still wouldn't be enough. VC++ is particularly bad, but it
isn't the only poor preprocessor that Boost supports. What it would
really take is a mentality shift. I will not put workarounds in Chaos
regardless of length or practical utility (nor will I allow them). Chaos
targets C and C++. It doesn't target a single compiler. Does a library
that operates under that ethic belong in Boost? I'm not so sure.

> Btw, are Chaos docs online in HTML form somewhere?

http://chaos-pp.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/chaos-pp/chaos-pp/built-docs/
headers.html

Regards,
Paul Mensonides