Subject: [boost] (no subject)
From: Bruce Adams (tortoise_74_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-05 09:15:11

Hi,
    This probably ought to be a FAQ. But there is currently no database library
in boost. There have been some contenders in the past.
I had hopes for SOCI for instance (see e.g.
http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2004/10/74365.php).
Are there any candidates on the horizon? If not, what unrelated projects would
people here recommend (or recommend against).

Just for context, I am looking for a "sword against anybody who got into belief
that (db) programming in the language beginning with 'J' is easier. ;) "
to quote the author of SOCI in the post I mentioned. However, I'm beginning to
suspect maybe it is easier in Java, not through any
fault in C++ itself but in the success of the Java community versus the lack of
*recognised* success in the C++ community.

By the way when I search the mailing lists from the link on
http://www.boost.org/community/groups.html I (and many others) get:

Google Sorry...
We're sorry...
... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect
our users, we can't process your request right now.See Google Help for more
information.

Regards,

Bruce.