Subject: [boost] [serialization] VC++ compiler warnings
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-11 11:40:54

A 1.47.0 VC++ 10.0 build of Boost produced a lot of stupid warnings
from Serialization in the form c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio 10.0\VC\INCLUDE\xutility(2227) : warning C4996:
'std::_Copy_impl': Function call with parameters that may be unsafe -
this call relies on the caller to check that the passed values are
correct. To disable this warning, use -D_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See
documentation on how to use Visual C++ 'Checked Iterators'

These can be shut off various ways, such as sticking "#include
<boost/config/warning_disable.hpp>" at the start of the file being
compiled.

If we could get rid of these serialization warnings, that leaves only
a handful of VC++ warnings from other libraries. And those look
trivial to fix, so I'll pester those folks too. It would be great if
Boost default build produced no warnings for this popular compiler.

Thanks,

--Beman