Subject: Re: [boost] logging
From: Alexander Arhipenko (arhipjan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-14 04:32:30

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 3:54 AM, Jason Newton <nevion_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [snip]
> Andrey, if
> you're reading this, consider getting it in if only to end the limbo of
> logging in the cross-platform c++ environment and improving things from
> there. Boost.Log is plenty fast (at least for my work which is composed of
> threads and soft-RT stuff for which async logging helps with latencies) and
> I trust it more than other libraries.  From the examples I was also able to
> make it pretty easy to use in my code environment.  As a user I'd say it's
> ready to use and it would be hard to find a better library.
>
> Best,
> Jason

+1.
We've put boost.logging in production system in the beggining of 2009.
Since that it was not touched and proved to be fast and reliable.
Now we are eagerly waiting for the official boost.logging release.
Andrey, if you need any help in bringing it to boost trunk
and also can briefly explain the range of tasks, please count me in.

Regards