Subject: Re: [boost] [1.48.0] Proposed Release Schedule
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-14 20:57:54

On 7/13/2011 11:32 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> Also, I'm (again) offering the suggestion that the periodic testing be
> altered so that a library X on the trunk is tested againts the current
> state of the libraries on the release branch (that is the NEXT release).

I'm all for that model of testing. But..

> I believe this would have a number of benefits - including the
> streamlining of the release process. It would also speed up the testing
> itself since the release branch changes less frequently so there would
> be fewer dependencies for each test.

Hm, I'm not sure that's true. It's certainly true if you are isolating
the testing for each library and doing each incrementally. But that's a
lot of Boost checkouts to maintain (or some complicated include
managing)... Of course I'm only talking about the current Boost file
structure.

> This would require a change
> in the testing scripts - but not a huge one.

I certainly welcome patches to make this possible, and reasonable for
testers.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything