Subject: [boost] [GSoC] Checks project - prototype hesitation
From: Pierre Talbot (pierre.talbot.6114_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-16 11:58:58

Hello community.

I'm a GSoC student who is assigned to the checks library.
I currently design the prototype of a function and I would like to
have your opinions.

Description.
---------------

The function must return true or false if the number is correct (or not).
This leads me to this prototype :

template <typename mod10_iter>
bool check_mod10 ( const mod10_iter &begin, const mod10_iter &end,
unsigned int nbr_digits = 0) ;

But each digits in the functions may have a weight. So I must passed a
sequence of unsigned int to the function.

template <typename mod10_iter>
bool check_mod10 ( const mod10_iter &begin, const mod10_iter &end,
const boost::array<unsigned int> &weight, unsigned int nbr_digits = 0)
;

The parameter "weight" should be optional, if the size is equal to 0,
the algorithm will consider a weight of 1 for all the digits.

The const of weight is a problem if the size is equal to 0, we should
make a copy of this argument.

Do you have any ideas, suggestions about this prototype ?

Thank you very much.

Pierre Talbot.