Subject: Re: [boost] logging
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-16 12:18:23

On 07/15/2011 11:46 PM, Gordon Woodhull wrote:

> I hope that Andrey speaks up and lets us know how his library is
> coming along.

Well, it's not going as fast as I'd prefer. Due to various matters I
have little time to work on v2 lately but I'm still eager to bring this
library to Boost. Right now I'm refactoring sink frontends to move
record formatting to the sink frontend level. Also, the async frontend
will use a new lock-free queue, which should improve performance. There
are a few design decisions to make and quite some time to experiment
with the new code, that's why it's taking so long.

Also there is much to do left, including the mentioned port to Phoenix
v3. I didn't look into it yet, so I can't estimate how long it will
take. Taking the chance, I wouldn't mind if someone wants to provide
patches in this area.

There are other things planned, some of which were mentioned during the
review (trivial logging issues, channel name changing, etc.), some were
identified by users (problems with initialization from settings,
boundless record queue in async sink). And of course, docs need updating
(although this is partially done).

Sorry, I know it takes too long, the review took place more than a year
ago. I hope I can do better in the coming days.