Subject: Re: [boost] Which compilers are not supported for 1.48 ?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-17 08:04:04

I fear it is more complicated than that.

For example, the Boost.Math library has some parts that work as far back as the Jurassic VC6, but
some that only work with the shiniest new compiler versions.

It's just too difficult and much too tedious to try to even discover everything that works/doesn't
work, let alone list it, so I'm afraid that 'Suck it and See' must remain the answer for older, and
less popular platforms, compilers.

We try hard to get *everything* to work for the newest GCC and MSVC, as the detailed regression
results will reveal.

(Should we refer the general user to these test results?)

But the general message should be - upgrade to the latest compiler and the latest Boost if humanly
possible. Too many problem reported could be avoided by doing this.

Sorry.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,