Subject: Re: [boost] Which compilers are not supported for 1.48 ?
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-18 12:20:18

On 15 July 2011 18:34, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> While I certainly do not think there is anything wrong with charging for
> software, C++ compiler creators might realize that Boost developers are
> doing them a service testing their compilers and they should have some deal
> by which one is not charged for using their compiler in such a scenario.

While I haven't done it specifically for C++ compilers, I've found that you
can get access to commercial software for legitimate testing purposes by
asking the right people for it. The disconnect comes when the people
responsible for selling the software aren't closely affiliated with the
people developing the software, which tends to happen at larger companies.

> For TTI I wanted to test Intel C++ but it is not free even though there is
> a 30-day trial period.

I believe the Intel compiler is free for non-commercial use. Check out <
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/non-commercial-software-development/>
for more details.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404