Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Checks project - prototype hesitation
From: Pierre Talbot (pierre.talbot.6114_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-17 19:16:05

Hello Alejandro,

I'm sorry for being unclear.

You can see the forward declarations (and the doxygen doc) here :

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/SOC/2011/checks/boost/checks/checks_fwd.hpp

The documentation is here (you would like to read the introduction) :

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/SOC/2011/checks/libs/checks/doc/checks.pdf

As you can read in the introduction I thought it was interesting to
implement a "low check level library", more general, not designed for
a specific number or code. The reason is that I can't implement all
the different numbers existing in the world. But with this "low level
library", an user should be able to check a number I didn't implement.
 Nevertheless I'll implement the most well-known such as the isbn,
ean, upc, iban, credit card, ... in a "high check level library".

The nbr_digits parameter is optional but it is in case that the
iterators don't delimit only one number. I designed an example for
this special case (In the "Modular sum algorithm - Example - Special
case" section). My first idea was to support the check of a lot of
numbers between two iterators. But you maybe think it's a little
far-fetched ?

Any suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Pierre Talbot.