Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Checks project - prototype hesitation
From: Alejandro Cabrera (cpp.cabrera_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-19 20:05:42

Pierrre,

Thank you for the documentation. I've glanced through the PDF, taking into
account the scope and general design of the library.

I also have concerns with regards to the nbr_digits parameter. The example
has shown me a case where the user is encouraged to store all the numbers in
a single container without separation. It seems like a bad idea to store the
numbers in that fashion. Why wouldn't the user instead prefer to store the
numbers in, say:

std::vector<string> luhn_numbers;

I'm not certain whether the weights should be a compile-time parameter or
not. My recommendation here is to craft examples where the weights are
compile-time parameters (using boost::tuple, perhaps?) and where the weights
are run-time parameters and attempt to determine for yourself what might be
easier and safer for users to use.

-Alej