Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] trouble uploading a patch to a ticket
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-17 23:00:31

On 7/17/2011 9:00 PM, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. wrote:
> I'm trying to upload a patch to
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5697
>
> but every time I try for this particular patch I get
>
> ---------------
> Trac Error
>
> Submission rejected as potential spam (Akismet says content is spam,
> External links in post found)
> ---------------
>
> Sometimes I get a captcha thingy, and I enter in the word-things and hit
> "enter" (cause there's no "Submit" button or something like that), and it
> just goes to a page that says "Error".
>
> I have uploaded other patches to this ticket, so...what gives? Okay, yes,
> there's some http:// link in the patch, but it's in a comment and I'm not
> adding it (it's already in the file-to-be-patched). Plus, I don't think it
> goes anywhere, I tried :/ And I don't see why that would be grounds to
> reject an attachment. And why the captcha thing doesn't work.

The short answer is that the captcha is only one of the factors in the
spam filtering. Which in this case wasn't enough to push it over the
edge into HAM. I just adjusted the captcha, so you should be able post
it now. Although you will still need to put in the captcha.

> For reference, I have attached the patch in this email (and I've also sent
> it to Dave personally, so I'm not worried (yet) about it getting forgotten).

It seems that Askimet didn't like the tinyurl reference. So in a case
where it would work with the links, the added Askimet classification
made fall on the SPAM side.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything