Subject: Re: [boost] [fusion] html docs woes
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-17 23:07:09

On 7/17/2011 3:18 AM, Joel de Guzman wrote:
> On 7/17/2011 5:50 PM, Daniel James wrote:
>>> * No way for folks to read the HTML until it's actually released.
>
>> I upload the trunk documentation on the sourceforge sandbox site every
>> time I build it, and there are redirects in subversion to take you
>> there.
>
> That's a very good compromise. The only drawback is that
> it requires an Internet connection, which is a PITA if you
> have to go offline and don't have access to the docs. This
> happens to me a lot of times and I hate it when it does.

If you know you are going offline, you can just build Fusion's docs from
the source locally. Proto's docs are both integrated into the main doc
build as well as build-able standalone. To do it, you just go to
libs/proto/doc and type bjam. Blam-o! local HTML docs that you can read
offline in a jiffy. (That's also how I test that Proto's docs build
correctly and look good.)

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing