Subject: Re: [boost] [infrastructure] The vault vs. project hosting vs. Boost hosting?
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-18 05:17:57

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 08:33, Thomas Heller <thom.heller_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> ... How about getting the software and host a boost like
> github/svnhub/mercurialhub whatever (provided we have the necessary
> ressources)?

Something like Rhodecode? (http://rhodecode.org/) This one isn't ready to be
used with any other kind of repo than mercurial/hg, even if it's promising
(I'm using it for private repos).

So I think you would have to choose between:
 1. use mercurial only (I guess it's not a real option)
 2. contribute to rhodecode or another similar software to complete it for
boost community needs
 3. write your own repo manager

It looks like none of those options would likely be done in short term.
Maybe public hosting services could be a short-term solution while efforts
are being done for a boost-community-managed service. That said, it's not a
suggestion, just an observation.

By the way, if TRAC is kept as issue tracking tool, the current stable
version (0.12) allow multiple repositories to be managed under the same
project (but I didn't tried to add new repos yet). You can have several
repositories of different repo softs. However, it's not meant to "manage
repositories"...

Some suggested to switch to Redmine so to provide complete informations :
Redmine and Jira also allows several repositories for one project (and
allows sub-projects too). But they are not meant to manage repositories,
like TRAC, only reference them.

Hope those informations helps.

Joël Lamotte