Subject: Re: [boost] [regex] How robust are the <boost/regex/pending/unicode_iterator.hpp> adapters?
From: Artyom Beilis (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-18 12:28:59

----- Original Message ----

UTF-16 to UTF-32 and backward is quite trivial and can
be done in 10-20 rows of code. You can borrow some
code from Boost.Locale it is really trivial.

If you need I'll give you samples.

Really, don't add dependency for this...

> Do they have any
> known bugs or other outstanding problems?

I can tell you char16_t and char32_t are far-far-far-far from
being useful especially if you want to use codecvt or something
like that.

http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/boost_locale/html/status_of_cpp0x_characters_support.html

So don't be in hurry to implement anything useful for them, currently
these characters support is totally broken with major compilers.

> TIA,
>
> --Beman

Best,

 Artyom Beilis