Subject: Re: [boost] [regex] How robust are the <boost/regex/pending/unicode_iterator.hpp> adapters?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-18 13:21:17

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Artyom Beilis <artyomtnk_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]

Adding a dependency on header-only code that has been stable for years
seems very low risk. Even if it is only a few lines of code, I'd have
to test it and maintain it, and I'd prefer not to have to do either.

>> Do they have any
>> known bugs or other  outstanding  problems?
>>

> I can tell you char16_t and char32_t are far-far-far-far from
> being useful especially if you want to use codecvt or something
> like that.

People have used uint16_t and uint32_t typedefs as workarounds for
years, and found that useful. So it doesn't matter all that much if
compilers or standard libraries don't yet support char16_t and
char32_t directly.

--Beman