Subject: Re: [boost] [regex] How robust are the <boost/regex/pending/unicode_iterator.hpp> adapters?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-19 12:08:00

> The only real fix is to redesign them to be range-based, so we can add the
> additional checks necessary, but of course this also makes them more
> heavyweight than they are at present. I guess I was hoping we would have
> had a proper Unicode library for this by now (in Boost that is, not the
> sandbox ;)
>
> Oh well, maybe I should just bite the bullet and change/fix this hole.

>What about moving portions of Mathias Gaunard's Unicode library into
>detail? Have you looked at his code in the sandbox?

No, which directory is it under?

Actually, I'm thinking that the fix may be easier than I thought after all -
if I add a 2-arg "range-checked" constructor as an overload, then the
iterator's constructor can validate the end-points of the underlying
sequence during construction, and there's no need to otherwise change the
implementation or add overhead by checking every increment/decrement for
movement out-of-range because we'll know that it can't happen.

John.