Subject: Re: [boost] [Lockfree review] Meta-comments
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-21 12:21:50

> 3. This has already been discussed to some extent, but why are we
> reviewing this before Boost.Atomic?

the review is part of my summer-of-code program, so it will need to be finished
before mid of august. waiting for boost.atomic to be reviewed might defer the
boost.lockfree review for undefined time.

> I think Boost.Atomic is an
> urgently-required library. What can we all do to help it get submitted
> and accepted as soon as possible?

the original author is quite unresponsive. i haven't heard from him since early
this year, and he did not repond to any emails i've sent him.

imo, a few people should gather and adopt the library, because i fear that it
has been orphaned ...
then we would only need a review manager and a time slot.

cheers, tim