Subject: Re: [boost] [rpc] Introducing Boost.Reflect, Boost.CMT, and Boost.RPC
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-28 14:49:53

2011/7/28 Daniel Larimer <dlarimer_at_[hidden]>:
> I have just recently completed my first alpha release of a generic RPC
> library designed to support different protocols (JSON, XML, Protocol
> Buffers) and different transports (UDP, TCP, HTTP) in a generic manner.

Sounds great!

> Lastly all of this builds on top of my Boost.CMT (Collaborative
> Multi-Tasking Library) which seems to be along the same lines as Oliver's
> Boost.Strand library, but with a simpler interface.  It is built on top of
> Boost.Context.  This allows the RPC to be asynchronous, thread-safe, and
> free of nasty completion handlers.

You don`t use asio, is you code portable to other operating systems?
Can it be tuned, to use asio/libev?

> I have documentation of all three libraries posted here.
>
> http://bytemaster.github.com/dev/modules.html

I took a quick glance. Looks like "alpha release", but it is possible
to understand the idea.

This looks like not a safe approach:
void operator()( Member Class::*p, const char* name )
You serialize no info about function parameters.

I`m interested, but now I have no projects were it is possible to use
your library.

Best regards,
Antony Polukhin