Subject: [boost] [rpc] Introducing Boost.Reflect, Boost.CMT, and Boost.RPC
From: Daniel Larimer (dlarimer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-28 00:14:38

I have just recently completed my first alpha release of a generic RPC
library designed to support different protocols (JSON, XML, Protocol
Buffers) and different transports (UDP, TCP, HTTP) in a generic manner.
 Currently only JSON over TCP is implemented.

This library builds on top of my Boost.Reflect library which provides simple
reflection along with a generic type-erasure construct,
boost::reflect::any_ptr<T>

Lastly all of this builds on top of my Boost.CMT (Collaborative
Multi-Tasking Library) which seems to be along the same lines as Oliver's
Boost.Strand library, but with a simpler interface. It is built on top of
Boost.Context. This allows the RPC to be asynchronous, thread-safe, and
free of nasty completion handlers.

I have documentation of all three libraries posted here.

http://bytemaster.github.com/dev/modules.html

I would like to know if I am barking up the right tree here and if anyone
has any feedback. If someone has a real project they would like to see this
code incorporated into I would be more than willing to focus my development
effort toward those needs.