Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] trac/boost/browser/ no longer available?
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-04 02:35:46

On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 08:01:47AM +0200, joaquin_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Say I'm having a look at some changeset such as:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/73525
>
> The names of modified files are displayed with a link to a full-code
> browsing page, for instance:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/variadic_macro_data/boost/variadic_macro_data/vmd.hpp?rev=73525
>
> yet this page fails with
>
> No handler matched request to /browser/sandbox/variadic_macro_data/boost/variadic_macro_data/vmd.hpp
>
> I think this trac/boost/browser has been missing for some months
> now. I seem to remeber there was a link to it also from the trac home
> page, now also missing. Any clue about this?

I believe that the fancy-pants trac-formatted views of the repository are
disabled out of performance concerns.

You can still browse the source yourself via the SVN repository URLs,
that is, replace /trac with /svn and remove /browser:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/variadic_macro_data/boost/variadic_macro_data/vmd.hpp?rev=73525
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/variadic_macro_data/boost/variadic_macro_data/vmd.hpp?rev=73525

Even if it was possible to hack Trac into linking straight into the
repository, it might not be a good idea as the Boost servers are quite
overloaded.

I'm sure that grafik has input on this.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]