Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] trac/boost/browser/ no longer available?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-04 10:38:47

On 8/4/2011 1:35 AM, Lars Viklund wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 08:01:47AM +0200, joaquin_at_[hidden] wrote:
>> Say I'm having a look at some changeset such as:
>>
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/73525
>>
>> The names of modified files are displayed with a link to a full-code
>> browsing page, for instance:
>>
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/variadic_macro_data/boost/variadic_macro_data/vmd.hpp?rev=73525
>>
>> yet this page fails with
>>
>> No handler matched request to /browser/sandbox/variadic_macro_data/boost/variadic_macro_data/vmd.hpp
>>
>> I think this trac/boost/browser has been missing for some months
>> now. I seem to remeber there was a link to it also from the trac home
>> page, now also missing. Any clue about this?
>
> I believe that the fancy-pants trac-formatted views of the repository are
> disabled out of performance concerns.
>
> You can still browse the source yourself via the SVN repository URLs,
> that is, replace /trac with /svn and remove /browser:
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/variadic_macro_data/boost/variadic_macro_data/vmd.hpp?rev=73525
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/variadic_macro_data/boost/variadic_macro_data/vmd.hpp?rev=73525
>
> Even if it was possible to hack Trac into linking straight into the
> repository, it might not be a good idea as the Boost servers are quite
> overloaded.

Hacking trac is not something I want to do. Especially since our use of
trac may not be long lived at this point.

> I'm sure that grafik has input on this.

Yes.. The trac repo browser was disabled because it bogged down the
server (since it locks the svn repo while it gets info). But if the
OSUOSL people are to be believed we should be able to turn it back on if
we move to their servers.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything