Subject: Re: [boost] [Locale] Request to merge to release branch
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-07 06:08:02

On 7 August 2011 09:44, Artyom Beilis <artyomtnk_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to request a permission to merge

Can you:

- Add your details to libs/maintainers.txt
- Add the library to the appropriate categories in libs/libraries.htm
- Try to fix the issues in http://boost.cowic.de/rc/inspect-trunk.html#locale

You obviously need to use non-ascii characters in your tests, so can
put 'boostinspect:noascii' in the appropriate files to suppress the
error there. Unless it's possible to read them from a file or use
escapes?

You're also getting unlinked file errors for your doxygen template
files, the best solution is probably to move them into a subdirectory
so that we that can stop the checks for that subdirectory - will also
be cleaner if all template files are stored in a suitable directory so
that they aren't confused with documentation html files.

> - Intel on Darwin - seems to be general compiler
>   regression for all libraries (not related
>   to Boost.Locale)

It isn't all libraries, and some of the failures in other libraries
seems to be due to Boost.Test. But there does seem to be some issue
with the setup, it might be something to do with dynamic linking.

> - MSVC for Windows Mobile - not supported, will
>   not be supported due to lack of standard
>   library functionality

You should mark that in explicit-failures-markup.xml.

> - GCC prior to 4.5 on Windows - will not work
>   with dynamic build (dll) due to lack of
>   linking with dynamic runtime (libstdc++6.dll)

Is that for both mingw and cygwin?

> - Pathscale-4 and MSVC-9 with STL-Port: minor
>   fults in wide file I/O where invalid
>   UTF-8 prevents reading valid part.
>
>   Can't debug it due to lack of access to platform
>   and compiler.

This kind of detail should go into explicit-failures-markup, so that
if someone cares about the platform, they will know what the issue is.