Subject: [boost] [fusion] segmented fusion 2.0
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-11 00:28:45

I took the liberty of rewriting all my old broken segmented fusion code
and checked in something (hopefully) a bit more maintainable and
friendly. Along with the changes, I added an algorithm called
segmented_fold_until. Many of the existing algorithms have segmented
versions that can be implemented trivially in terms of this one. (Recall
that the biggest problem with the old implementation was the need to
write a separate implementation of every algorithm for segmented data
structures, which was very complicated. Now that's almost trivial.)

I hope in the coming weeks and months to produce segmented versions of
most of the existing fusion algorithms. Once that's done, I hope to
"bake it in" by making the existing algorithms select the segmented
flavors automatically.

Also, some containers and views are naturally segmented, like
joint_view. Practically all of joint_view's implementation, including
its iterator, would vanish if it just advertised itself as segmented.

Thoughts? Objections?

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing