Subject: Re: [boost] [fusion] pop_back doesn't work on fwd sequences
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-12 03:59:15

On 8/12/2011 2:49 PM, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. wrote:

> errr...patch? It is really quite trivial (I think...):

[snip]

> So, as I look at this (pasted from my implementation), I now wonder: Is
> there a difference between This::base_type and base_type in the above
> structs? E.g., does it make a difference whether one uses key_of< base_type
>> or key_of< typename This::base_type > ? (Here, base_type is a typedef for
> the underlying iterator you're adapting, i.e., the Iterator_ parameter in
> your implementation.)

It doesn't make any difference in this case. This::base_type would be
needed if base_type was declared in the base (which incedentally is
one reason why I did not use the name "base_type" for the base
iterator, esp. since we also have the CRTP derived.)

Erm, hey, I'd appreciate a patch that would work out of the box without any
more editing. Also would you be interested in implementing sequence_adapter?
I'd really need that now to solve the issue that started this thread.
Views really ought to be implemented in terms of sequence_adapter.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com