Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Request Feedback for Boost.Ustr Unicode String Adapter
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-13 07:02:28

Soares Chen Ruo Fei wrote:
> Due to popular demand I've added the static method
> unicode_string_adapter::make_codepoint_iterator() to satisfy your
> request. It takes three arguments: current, begin, and end to
> transverse in both direction without going out of bound.

Please decouple it more, e.g. make the codepoint iterator a public type
and provide a constructor:

const char* first = ...;
const char* last = ...;
const_utf8_codepoint_iterator iter(first,first,last);

> I am sorry that I don't understand why is this request so insisted
> when the same functionality is already exist in Boost.Unicode and
> other Unicode libraries. But anyway here is it.

As I think I said before, I don't mind who implements it as long as we
get it into Boost. Boost.Unicode is not yet an accepted library; it's
not even on the review schedule. It seems to me that all the different
opinions around Unicode and strings means that we miss the opportunity
to provide this core, uncontroversial, functionality.

Regards, Phil.