Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Request Feedback for Boost.Ustr Unicode String Adapter
From: Gordon Woodhull (gordon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-13 07:20:27

On Aug 13, 2011, at 7:02 AM, "Phil Endecott" <spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> As I think I said before, I don't mind who implements it as long as we get it into Boost. Boost.Unicode is not yet an accepted library; it's not even on the review schedule.

My understanding is that Matthias is just waiting for a good application or two and then he'll put it up for review.

IMHO this library should use that one and then you can focus on the std::string-like stuff and he can do the range stuff. This might require some intermediate frameworks to deal with the other encodings.

Please watch the video of Matthias' talk - after the first half it sort of turned into an impromptu review where among other things people were discussing how to make it useful by connecting it to a string wrapper class.